Don’t save your resolutions for the New Year! Fall is the PERFECT time to start a new fitness program. You will be more likely to stick with it through the holidays if you start now. The key to fall fitness success is to get outside and pick fun activities that you enjoy doing. Take advantage of this beautiful weather. Get outside, get moving, and help yourself succeed without stressing out. Have fun and laugh. Exercise should not be a chore…..it should be something that you enjoy!
Here are some fun ideas to keep you moving:
- Lace up your hiking boots and be adventurous by finding a trail or walking loop at your local park.
- Join a fall soccer, flag football, or softball league. You may even make some new workout friends!
- Take advantage of the water around you and sign up for a kayak adventure.
- Put on your helmet, inflate the tires, and take your bike on a ride.
- Slip on your running shoes and head to a beach, mountain, or trail and RUN.
- Walk to your local farmers market and pick up some fresh veggies and fruits.
- Rake leaves. Plant Pansies.
- Take your computer outside and complete a BarBelles workout in your back yard.
Best of all……outside is fast, fun, and free! What did you do?