Here comes Peter Cottontail, hopping down the bunny trail…….With Easter right around the corner, I am sure you are starting to crave those cute little peeps and decadent chocolate eggs. We ALL know that Easter candy is NOT diet friendly! Each and every tiny little jelly bean or Peep provides zero nutritional value and is just a bunch of empty, unnecessary calories. I am going to give you the low down on the nutrition in Easter candy and the exercises you will have to do to burn off those silly little bunnies.
Don’t let those bunnies, peeps, chocolate eggs, or beans talk their way into your diet. Remember……swim suit, bikini bod, six pack, tight butt, toned arms, hot legs, & fit body. It’s summertime! (in Charleston at least)
- 1 Solid Milk Chocolate Bunny: 890 calories, 48 grams fat, 97 grams sugar
Exercise needed to burn this off: 89 minutes of jumping rope, constant jumping
- 3 Peeps: 97.5 calories, 0 grams fat, 22 grams sugar
Exercise needed to burn this off: 12 minutes of aerobic dancing
- 18 Jelly Beans: 70 calories, 0 grams fat, 16 grams sugar
Exercise needed to burn this off: 13 minutes of intense weight training
- 12 Cadburry Chocolate mini eggs: 190 calories, 8 grams fat, 27 grams sugar
Exercise needed to burn this off: 20 minutes of running at 6.5mph pace
- Reece’s Peanut Butter Egg: 180 calories, 10 grams fat, 16 grams sugar
Exercise needed to burn this off: 34 minutes of walking at 3.5mph pace
- 1 Cadbury Creme Egg: 150 calories, 6 grams fat, 20 grams sugar
Exercise needed to burn this off: 15 minutes of spinning (cycling) at a racing speed
So, instead of filling up the Easter baskets with sugar laden treats, try giving things like iTunes gift cards, stuffed animals, pajamas, or a toy to go along with a FEW treats.
**Exercise caloric burn based on a 140 lb female