Thanksgiving Turkey Reinvented
Thanksgiving is over and you have tons of turkey leftover. Don’t know what to do with it? Here’s an idea… try some of these recipes to create healthy, yet delicious ways to use leftovers during the holidays.
- Turkey stirfry (replace the chicken, steak, or pork with turkey) over brown rice with lots and lots of fresh veggies
- Add turkey to homemade tomato sauce and serve it over whole wheat pasta
- Make a Turkey Taco by putting turkey in the bottom of a whole wheat shell and topping with shredded lettuce, avocado, salsa, and reduced fat cheese
- Combine turkey, peas, mushrooms, and risotto for a plate of turkey risotto
- Make a pot of turkey vegetable soup
- Make a “Thanksgiving” whole wheat pita pocket with turkey, stuffing, spinach, and fresh or cranberries
- Make a turkey, spinach, and cheese casserole
- Mix in onions, peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, and carrots for flavor
- Try a Mexican turkey burrito instead of ground beef
- Make a turkey salad over spinach, cranberries, and walnuts
- Add turkey, mushrooms, reduced fat feta cheese, and onions to a whole wheat bobolli pizza crust for a healthy pizza
- Put some turkey on a whole wheat english muffin and top with some pizza sauce and mozzarella cheese and bake at 350 for 10 minutes
- Last but not least…..who doesn’t love a tomato, mayo, and turkey sandwich for lunch. Just make sure to use whole wheat bread and olive oil mayo.