It is officially fall and I have been craving a good, hearty, easy to make soup. I wanted something that would be full of veggies, lean protein, and full of flavor so that my toddler would eat something for a change. This was a hit! (Oh yeah, it makes a TON too….so leftovers and frozen meals will be in our future).
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 2 medium carrot, diced
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound lean Italian mild chicken Sausage, (I use the Publix Greenwise turkey chicken sausages and take the casings off and crumble)
- 7 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 32-oz box organic Tomato Soup
- 2 (low sodium) 15-ounce can Basil, Garlic & Oregano diced tomatoes
- 2 cups fresh Green Beans, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1 can Whole Kernel White Corn, drained
- 1 15-ounce can of cannellini beans, drained
- 15-ounce can kidney beans, drained
- 1 tablespoons oregano
- 1 ½ tablespoons tarragon
- 2 tablespoons Italian Seasoning
- 2 ½ cups any small pasta
- 3 cups Baby Kale
- Parmesan Cheese Shredded
Heat olive oil in a large pot (i used my biggest Le Cruset-could also use crock pot if big enough) and coat bottom of pot.
Sauté your onions, garlic, and carrots.
Remove casings from sausage; add sausage to pan. Cook 4 minutes or until sausage is browned, stirring to crumble sausage
Add chicken broth, Tomato soup, tomatoes, green beans, corn, beans, oregano, tarragon, Italian seasoning.
Mix in kale and Cover the pot and cook for 4-6 hours over low heat.
With about 15 minutes remaining, boil water. Add pasta and cook for 8-9 minutes. Drain pasta
Mix in pasta to soup.
Serve with grated cheese on top.